Chocolate Cookie Cutouts Recipe
Have fun making these Chocolate Cutout Cookies with your friends and kids.
We recommend pairing it with our Signature Blend or try grinding your own beans with our House Blend.
So Sip n' Joy with this easy and quick recipe!
- 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Beat shortening and cocoa until blended. Beat in molasses, sugar and eggs. Beat in coffee. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves; gradually beat into molasses mixture. Dough will be very soft. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are set, 14-16 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with confectioners' sugar.